Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Guard (The Selection #2.5) - Paul's Review

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title:  The Guard (The Selection #2.5)

Author: Kiera Cass
Year Published: 2014

My The Elite (#2) Review
My The Selection (#1) Review
My The Prince (#0.5) Review

Ashley's The Guard (#2.5) ReviewAshley's The Elite (#2) Review
Ashley's The Selection (#1) Review
Ashley's The Prince (#0.5) Review


Synopsis: Before America Singer met Prince Maxon . . . 

Before she entered the Selection . . . 
She was in love with a boy named Aspen Leger.

Don't miss this digital original novella set in the captivating world of Kiera Cass's #1 New York Times bestselling Selection trilogy. This brand new 64-page story begins just after the group of Selected girls is narrowed down to the Elite and is told from Aspen's point of view. The Guard also features a teaser to The One, the thrilling conclusion to The Selection trilogy



------------------------------------

Review: This novella follows Aspen's POV for many memorable events of the series so far, similar to how the end of The Prince did with Prince Maxon. It is nice to see a different perspective, especially when a character's thoughts are different than his actions. I preferred the completely new scenes to the ones from the previous books. 

I think I prefer Prince Maxon for America between the two of them, but it was nice to see why Aspen did some of the things I didn't understand in The Elite

If you are a fan of the series, you will probably enjoy this novella. I do not think it is necessary though. I give this novella a 4/5


--Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment