Monday, October 21, 2013

The Boy from Ilysies (Libyrinth #2) by Pearl North - Ashley's Pre-Reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: The Boy From Ilysies
Author: Pearl North
Year Published: 2010 

My Libyrinth Review
My Libyrinth Pre-Reading

Synopsis: 
The magical sequel to Pearl North’s critically acclaimed debut novel, Libyrinth


On a world light-years away, Earth is long forgotten, except for the knowledge protected in the vast libyrinth. But that knowledge was threatened by the Singers, who for generations beyond remembering have relied on oral storytelling. They sought to destroy the books in the libyrinth, which they thought would—if read—kill the words they sing, and the knowledge in their songs.

Now a Song has created peace between the Singers and the Libyrarians who work in the libyrinth. However, the libyrinth is quickly running out of food, and the survival of the ancient edifice and those who serve it may depend on Po, a young Ilysian who has had trouble adjusting to life at the libyrinth. Caught between his longings for acceptance and the Machiavellian tactics of his queen, Po is tricked into a crime that causes him to be cast out. 

He may return only if he retrieves a legendary artifact that may be the answer to all of the libyrinth’s problems…or could turn the world into a barren, lifeless ruin. For Po, life has finally become exciting…but the cost may be his life, and the lives of those he loves.

The Boy From Ilysies is an exciting, fast-paced novel about acceptance, growing up, and learning to trust oneself.

Why?: I read and really enjoyed Libyrinth, so I wanted to continue the series! I've heard that this series gets better with each book, so I'm really looking forward to this one. I'm also really curious about learning more about the world and Po. 

Expectations: I have pretty high expectations for this book because I enjoyed the first one so much. I expect there to be a lot of expansion on the world, as well as on some of the more minor characters in the first book. Also, I expect there to be magic, adventure, and quite a bit of coming-of-age lessons.

Judging a book by its cover: I love this cover! I love the books and how the title stands out against the dark background. I love the stars. I would definitely pick this book up if I saw it on a shelf somewhere. 


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment