Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Elite (The Selection #2) by Kiera Cass - Paul's PRE READING

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: The Elite (The Selection #2)
Author: Kiera Cass
Year Published: 2013

My Review of THE SELECTION
Ashley's Review of THE SELECTION

Synopsis: Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

Why?: I really enjoyed The Selection. It was a fun, easy read with a really interesting dystopia world. I liked that the history and world building was very subtle. It kept me asking for me. The love triangle was understandable and the characters were interesting. 

Expectations: I hope we learn more about the world. The Rebels really interest me. I'm hoping the story goes more in that direction than just the Selection continuing.   

Judging a book by its cover: I really like this cover. It's simple and similar to the cover of The Selection. I wonder if the red signifies more passion or conflict in this book. I like when trilogies have different colors emphasized for each book, like the Matched trilogy. I also like the mirrors behind America. 

-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment