Friday, July 26, 2013

Endurance (Razorland #1.5) by Ann Aguirre - Ashley's Review

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: Endurance

Author: Ann Aguirre
Year Published: 2012

Synopsis: When rebellion destroys the underground world in which Thimble and Stone have grown up, they take Stone’s son and try to escape the chaos. Along the way, they must evade the Freaks, beings who feed on human flesh. Leaving behind the roles of Builder and Breeder which they were assigned at birth, they wander the underground tunnels, looking for safety yet afraid to go “topside” where legend has it that the light and water will burn their skin from their bones.


Their journey takes them upward to an unimagined world of tinned food, comfortable furniture, and books. Away from their regimented society for the first time, and still facing imminent danger, Thimble and Stone acknowledge the forbidden attraction which both have denied for years.



------------------------------------------

Review: I'm such a sucker for short stories about minor characters, and this one was definitely no exception. Like Deuce, I wondered what happened to Thimble and Stone after Deuce and Fade leave the enclave. Did the Freaks attack and take over College? Did Thimble and Stone survive? Did they even know that Deuce lied for Stone? This story answered all my questions and even gave me answers to questions I didn't even know I had! 

I really liked that the chapters went back and forth between Stone and Thimble, and that we get to see the rebellion from both of their perspectives. We also get to see how they finally come to accept and admit their feelings for each other, and the little bit of romance included in this story was actually nice. Both characters have their strengths, and I enjoyed learning about how they were able to play off of each other and survive. 

Hopefully we get to learn more about Stone and Thimble, and Robin too!, because I still want to know what happens to them after the end of this story. I love this world and the characters and the story and everything, and I can't wait to read more. I would give this story a 4/5 and recommend it to anyway who has read any of the Razorland series. 


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment