Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Darkness Strange and Lovely (Something Strange and Deadly #2) by Susan Dennard - Ashley's Pre-Reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: A Darkness Strange and Lovely
Author: Susan Dennard
Year Published: 2013

Synopsis:  
Following an all-out battle with the walking Dead, the Spirit Hunters have fled Philadelphia, leaving Eleanor alone to cope with the devastating aftermath. But there’s more trouble ahead—the evil necromancer Marcus has returned, and his diabolical advances have Eleanor escaping to Paris to seek the help of Joseph, Jie, and the infuriatingly handsome Daniel once again. When she arrives, however, she finds a whole new darkness lurking in this City of Light. As harrowing events unfold, Eleanor is forced to make a deadly decision that will mean life or death for everyone.


Why?: I loved everything about Something Strange and Deadly, and I've been anxiously waiting to find out what's next for Eleanor, Daniel, Joseph, and Jie. Plus zombies, steam punk, mystery, adventure, and romance. So, of course I'm going to read this book! 

Expectations: I'm really expect a lot from this book. Something Strange and Deadly was so good, that I'm hoping this one is even better. I'm looking forward to learning more about Marcus and the dead, as well as the Spirit Hunters. I think Eleanor will be stronger and braver in this book than she was at the beginning of the first one.

Judging a book by its cover: I absolutely love this cover. I fell in love with the Something Strange and Deadly cover, and this one is even better than that one. I would totally pick this book up if I saw it on a shelf somewhere... especially because I absolutely love Eleanor's dress. 


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment