Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Kill Order by James Dashner - Ashley's Pre-Reading


Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: The Kill Order
Author: James Dashner
Year Published: 2012

Synopsis: 
Before WICKED was formed, before the Glade was built, before Thomas entered the Maze, sun flares hit the earth and mankind fell to disease.

Mark and Trina were there when it happened, and they survived. But surviving the sun flares was easy compared to what came next. Now a disease of rage and lunacy races across the eastern United States, and there’s something suspicious about its origin. Worse yet, it’s mutating, and all evidence suggests that it will bring humanity to its knees.

Mark and Trina are convinced there’s a way to save those left living from descending into madness. And they’re determined to find it—if they can stay alive. Because in this new, devastated world, every life has a price. And to some, you’re worth more dead than alive

Why?: 
I read the Maze Runner trilogy and really enjoyed it, so I figured I should probably read the prequel as well! I'm looking forward to finding what life was like before the Maze!

Expectations: I expect that this book will explain more of Thomas and Teresa's back story, without necessarily directly involving them. Maybe Mark and Trina are the original people who created WICKED? WICKED has always been a mystery, and I hope that this book will shed some more light on the organization!

Judging a book by its cover: The cover is mostly oranges and yellows, but the bright colors definitely caught my eye when I saw the cover on Amazon. If I were in a book store or a library, I would probably pick it up. At closer glance, it looks like there are fireballs destroying a village, so I think it's pretty appropriate for a book about how the sun flares decimated Earth.


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment