Friday, January 25, 2013

Shades of Earth(Across the Universe #3) by Beth Revis - Paul's Pre Reading


Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

My A MILLION SUNS Review
Ashley's A MILLION SUNS Review

Title: Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3)
Author: Beth Revis
Year Published: 2013

Synopsis: Amy and Elder have finally left the oppressive walls of the spaceship Godspeed behind. They're ready to start life afresh--to build a home--on Centauri-Earth, the planet that Amy has traveled 25 trillion miles across the universe to experience.

But this new Earth isn't the paradise Amy had been hoping for. There are giant pterodactyl-like birds, purple flowers with mind-numbing toxins, and mysterious, unexplained ruins that hold more secrets than their stone walls first let on. The biggest secret of all? Godspeed's former passengers aren't alone on this planet. And if they're going to stay, they'll have to fight.

Amy and Elder must race to discover who--or what--else is out there if they are to have any hope of saving their struggling colony and building a future together. They will have to look inward to the very core of what makes them human on this, their most harrowing journey yet. Because if the colony collapses? Then everything they have sacrificed--friends, family, life on Earth--will have been for nothing.

Why?: I enjoyed both of the books already in this series. They each were well written sci-fi mysteries. They were different styles of mysteries and I am hoping for a unique mystery in this one. Generation ships. Space Travel. Human Hibernation Technology. An Alien planet. What is there not to be excited about?

Expectations: I expect a fun mystery with characters that will grow even more when tested in new and different ways. I am intrigued to see how the Frozen people will interact with the residents of the ship. I am ready for my mind to be blown by some crazy revolution. 

Judging a book by its cover: I have expressed this opinion before via social medias and I will express it again here. WHY!?! Why change the cover of the whole trilogy? I liked the other two. I have them in hardback and now this third in a trilogy does not match. I may be okay with new covers for a series if it is complete and new editions are being sold, but there is no match for my lonely, incomplete Across the Universe and A Million Suns. From this cover, I can see that we will be down on the planet in a jungle. 

-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment