Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year!

It is 2013! The Apocalyptic assumptions turned out to be false and the Mayans are back to being mentioned mainly in Social Studies classes and National Geographic specials. It has been almost a month since my last post! I am very sorry, guys. I do have a few posts to catch up on, but my December was very slow in the reading department. It took me a month to finish the last 5% of a book, and the book was even pretty good. 

I work as an endangered species observer all up and down the East Coast and the Gulf of the US. I work not only odd hours, but odd days, weeks, and months. I have been off work for almost two months and oddly enough when I have more free time I apparently accomplish less. 

If you follow me on  Twitter you may know that I participated in Nanowrimo this year. In the last day of November, I won! I finished my goal of 50,000 words in one month. Now I just have a word document with a lot of letters. I am now going to start going through those letters and words to see what exactly I wrote.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and are enjoying getting back into the schedule of things. I will be catching up on old posts this week. I also have a large stack of books to read as well as a kindle and Adobe Digital Editions full of things to read. 

According to Goodreads I read 55 books in 2012. My reading goal for 2013 is to read 60 books!

I am also making a goal to really dig deep into that Nanowrimo word document. 

What are your reading (or writing) goals this year? If you had 2012 goals, did you accomplish them?


-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment