Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Paul's Before I Fall Pre Reading

Title: Before I Fall
Author: Lauren Oliver
Year Published: 2011

Amazon  | Goodreads

Synopsis:  

What if you only had one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?

Samantha Kingston has it all: looks, popularity, the perfect boyfriend. Friday, February 12, should be just another day in her charmed life. Instead, it turns out to be her last.

The catch: Samantha still wakes up the next morning. Living the last day of her life seven times during one miraculous week, she will untangle the mystery surrounding her death--and discover the true value of everything she is in danger of losing.

Why?:  This is Ashley's pick for the month of October. I've liked the Delirium series by Lauren Oliver. The concpet of this book is also pretty interesting. It is like Groundhog Day meets The Lovely Bones. 

Expectations: I'm expecting a very interesting mystery with some slight spiritual tones. I am interested how Oliver will portray an afterlife. This book may focus more on the worldly story though. 

Judging a book by its cover:  This is a pretty bland cover. Not much is revealed. Is that girl dead?If so, that makes this cover a lot more creepy. I wouldn't have picked this book off the shelf at a store unless I noticed the author.

-PAUL 

No comments:

Post a Comment