Friday, April 20, 2012

Ender's Game


This book I found on my roommate's bookshelf. I have wanted to read it for a long time and am very glad I did. 


Title: Ender's Game
Author: Orson Scott Card
Year Published: 1985

Ashley has read this before, but not recently. It was one of the many random books I brought on the boat with me. 

I really liked this book! It took some time for me to get into it, but by a third of the way into it, I was hooked. There was so much interesting character development. I should start writing notes on my phone for things I want to mention in reviews so I can give specific examples. 

I liked how the first half of the book established the characters and the second half moved them ahead in life. This was a true epic in that we followed Ender for many years and even in the last chapters we see him much older. I really want to purchase a box set of this series. 

The technology was also interesting in that they have desks, which are very similar to ipads. I always enjoy reading science fiction from decades ago to see how we have progressed. It is scary sometimes. 

This book reminded me of The Neverending Story in the way both protagonists are so innocent at the beginning and by the end they have developed into quite different people. 

I loved the interactions between the children. The topic of bullying and violence among children is very interesting. I liked the side story of Ender's brother and sister as well. 

I HIGHLY recommend this book! I give this book a 5/5.

-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment