Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Debt of Bones

Second book! This one is additional reading, not one that Paul is going to have to read/comment on :)




Title: Debt of BonesAuthor: Terry Goodkind
Year Published: 2001
Synopsis: Debt of Bones is the story of young Abby's struggle to win the aid of the wizard Zedd Zorander, the most important man alive. Abby is trapped, not only between both sides of the war, but in a mortal conflict between two powerful men. For Zedd, who commands power most men can only imagine, granting Abby's request would mean forsaking his sacred duty. With the storm of the final battle about to break, both Abby and Zedd are caught in a desperate fight to save the life of a child...but neither can escape the shadow of an ancient betrayal. With time running out, their only choice may be a debt of bones. The world-for Zedd, for Abby, for everyone-will never again be the same.

Why?: I recently watched the TV series "Legend of the Seeker" on Netflix, and became very interested in reading the books. I was going to start with Wizard's First Rule, the first novel in the "Sword of Truth" series, but realized I had this book as well. Since it's the prequel to the series, I figured I should start with it.

Expectations: I've got pretty high expectations for this novella - even though it comes before the events in "Legend of the Seeker", I'm hoping it's just as good. And usually the books are better than the TV show/movie, right?

Judging a book by its cover: On the front, a man and woman are looking at a skull... I'm assuming the man is Zedd, and the woman is Abby. Hopefully the book is more exciting than them looking at things. And I hope there's no soliloquies given to skulls... To be or not to be?


I'll try to write more as I read this time, instead of after I finish the whole thing! It's not very long though, since it's only a novella, so no promises.


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment